Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day 5 Roadblock

After I wrote the last post, I closed my computer and moved to the couch. It was all downhill from there.  The sludge in my throat from the run in the sewer air took hold of me and still has not let go. I have never been sick like this.  It's not in my lungs, and it's not in my head. It's not even really in my throat.  I cough and feel all kinds of cheese moving around.  If I had to pinpoint it I would say it's between my epiglottis and my xphoid process. I do not have a sore throat but my windpipe hurts.
Needless to say I did not go to the gym Friday.  I slept as late as I could and still be employed.  Then I did as little as possible all day. They owe me for all the short lunches this week.
I also tucked and rolled off the wagon in regards to food.
While grabbing a drink at a gas station I noticed a retro bag of Jumpin' Jack Doritos. I didn't even really think.  I subconsciously grabbed them, paid for them and ate the entire bag in the parking lot.  A small bag, but an entire bag none the less.
Then I was forced to go to lunch with a customer. I can't just NOT eat when the company is buying.  A 12 oz New York strip steak and a salad later the day was pretty much a total loss.
I limped home and got into stretchy pants.  Spent the rest of the evening watching movies, slipping in and out of consciousness and hacking.  Somehow during that time SOMEBODY ate three slices of pizza and a good portion of a bag of Cherry Juju valentine hearts.
I'm not proud.  But I am also not in my right mind.
Last night was spent moving betweens hot flashes and shivering fits.  While in a semi-sleep state I started hallucinating colors and bubbles.  It became very significant each time a new bubble appeared because it represented something important in my life.  Like a person or life choice.  It made perfect sense at the time.
I have always intended to take weekends "off". So especially while sick I won't be doing anything this weekend.  I had to get up Saturday morning and go mark the course for The Frozen Hog race. It was a 2.5 mile hike through the slush and ice. At least the air was cleaner up there.
Hoping I get better this weekend because next weekend is going to suck even if I'm healthy.
Morning Weigh-In(Friday):

  • 193.8
  • 37.2%(possible malfunction)
  • Total weight loss 6.2 lbs


No comments:

Post a Comment