Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 18

Sloth.
Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest but this is ridiculous.  Ended up eating pizza, leftover chicken and rice, and then BBQ Pork Roast for dinner.  At least I ate all my broccoli.  Speaking of which, the stems are the good part of broccoli.  Not the flowers/leaves.  If you force your kids to eat the nasty flowers, of course they won't like it.
Just thought I'd share that.
After Saturday's surprise loss, my body compensated by packing on a little Sunday morning surprise.  Although my peaks are all under 190 now, so I am making progress.  I'll be back at it for the rest of the week.  Even if they do cause setbacks, the weekends off save my sanity.  There is no loneliness like diet loneliness.  So being able to eat with my kids as well as what my kids are eating, is a nice concession to myself.
There are just over two weeks until St Patricks Day.  Why does this matter?  Because in my family St Patrick's Day is a bigger day than Thanksgiving.  Despite our tenuous at best ties to Irish lineage, we have been feasting on St Patrick's for as long as I can remember.  And as a matter of protocol there is Corned Beef and Cabbage to be had, but my mother also prepares a full Turkey dinner with all the trimmings.  Potatoes Colcannon, pies, Soda Bread and, ya know, green Jell-O and stuff.  It's mainly just an excuse for a big dinner.   I WILL BE EATING A FULL ST FATTY'S DAY FEAST.  The trick is going to be having lost enough weight that it won't send me into a full Carb and Fat relapse.  I see it as the deadline.  I would count anything in the 170's as a success by St Patricks Day.  We'll see how that goes.

Morning Weigh In:

  • 189.8
  • 25.1%

No comments:

Post a Comment