Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 27

Hey hey, I'm writing about day 27, on day 27.  Crazy I know.
Despite the disgusting setback of the weekend.  I am losing again.  Which was a bit of a surprise considering the cupcake situation from last night.  I caused another potential catastrophe this morning when my alarm went off, I reached over and shut it off, and then apparently went right back into R.E.M. sleep.  Next thing I knew it was nearly six a.m. and I had missed the first half of spin class.  Upon realizing this I did the responsible thing and slept another hour.  I like to miss mornings at the gym every once in awhile because it gives Republicanadian Jeff something to feel superior about.  I texted him when I woke up: "overslept". His response: "My loss and your gain".  Dick. He also feels compelled to brag about how little he eats in a day, and the frequency of his marital relations.(I put that in here because I know his wife reads this blog every once in awhile).  For the record it would seem that he's got me beat on both counts.
Even though I'm supposed to be back to the grindstone on the diet, I'm finding that my commitment is waining. I actually packed a regulation diet lunch today.  But poor little Kevin from work was feeling lonely so I felt obligated to go to lunch with him.  The good news is, I found another reasonable fast food lunch today.  The Veggie Burrito at Taco Time is tasty, kind of filling, and under 500 calories.  Did a little research and will be trying the chicken and black bean burrito next.  It's about 400 calories, but is a little smaller.
"Regular dinner" with the family, Chicken and Noodles.  Ended up with about 600 calories for dinner.  I have realized that not working out twice a day makes it tough to come in where I want to for the calorie budget. Obviously I can't workout twice everyday, but I need to make better food choices when I miss or this is going to be a long row to hoe.
I did finally make it to the gym this evening.  I'm starting to truly hate high school kids.  I have a standing rule that I hate other peoples kid anyway, but high school kids in the weight room are the worst.  They take more time to do anything that can be done in front of the mirror because they get distracted checking themselves out.  They do these stupid made-up exercises that emphasize jumping while holding some form of a plate weight(usually the one that I need), and they are always trying to "max-out"  Which seems to take at least 45 minutes to an hour for two of them.  Dude, I don't think your going to get it, you've tried four times.  It serves me right for having a membership to "Average Joe's" gym instead of some high-falutin' gym with more than one bench, but still.  After simulating my normal circuit on the U-gym because of the freaking chess club I headed up to the treadmill.  I had been thinking that I like running on the treadmill.  So tonight I had planned to run 4 miles.  Things were going well until about mile 3.25 when my right knee betrayed me. Suddenly I had a shooting pain down the outside of my knee cap with each step.  I hit the "cool down" button and was trying to limp it when Dave Parmley walked in and reached over and cranked the speed back up.  I almost shot off the back of the treadmill.  Not cool Dave, not cool.
I guess I need to work on my form.

Morning Weigh-In:

  • 187.3
  • 23.0%
  • Total Pounds Lost: 12.5

No comments:

Post a Comment