Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 20

Clammy Cross Grand Champion Eric "Team Rico" Rasmussen has requested that I start posting total pounds lost under my morning weigh-in stats. Who am I to deny the people what they want? It ups the shame factor a little on the days that show no progress, or worse, a gain. But that's what this site is for, shame.
I have had several mornings when the alarm went off that I desperately wanted to resign myself to my fate as a chubby. But then I would have to announce to the millions of people who read this blog that I am a quitter. It works most days.
Paul Zimm-The-Man chimed in with some advice for preparing diet chow. He referred to it as "annoying advice". I don't feel that way. I'll take all the help I can get. Especially from a guy who lost 20 pounds over the past six weeks. That's Paul in case you were wondering.
In fact I am requesting some advice today.
I am gut-sick of the Jared menu at Subway. Obviously I don't have a strong history of wise choices when it comes to fast-food. But sometimes I am too late,too lazy, or too unmotivated to throw a lunch together in the morning. Anybody got any suggestions for cheap and easy fare for me? Preferably fast food, around 500 calories total, low-fat,low-ish carb, and ideally it would be tasty.
Anybody?
I was a little less than stoked with a one pound drop this morning, went to spin class, gave it another go in the bathroom and knocked off another pound. I know, I'm inspiring.
After work, the sun was shining, and it was in the 40's so I jumped on the Langster and rode up to Lambert Park. The temperature was just right.  The chamois got just a touch clammy, and my fingers etc didn't get cold at all.
Although it might be awhile before there's any dirt to be had up there.

Morning Weigh In:
  • 186.4
  • 24.1%
  • Total weight loss to date:13.4

2 comments:

  1. For a sugar fix hard candy and gum work - few calories and last a long time. Otter Pops are also good.

    If you need a pinch eater for St. Patrick's Day, I'm your man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's less about a fix as finding something to eat for lunch that doesn't totally destroy my diet. The Jared menu works, and I guess there is a little variety to be had, but if I could find something besides sandwiches to alternate I'd be stoked.

    ReplyDelete